• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Discrimination - High school

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

eastonsucks

What is the name of your state? pa

I am a 17 year old Senior, I go to Easton Area High School in Easton, Pennsylvania. Over the summer i started a web site for me and my friends http://www.eastonsucks.com. The site was basically my way of getting around the fact that Easton sucks, by giving people the ability to talk on a board similar to this one, share funny stories and pictures, ect. The site had nothing to do with the highschool or school district in general, aside from the users mostly all going there. I even mentioned in the terms of service that the site has no connection with any school or school district. Somone at school left the link on a peice of paper taped to a computer monitor, and it was given to a principal. The school administration, superintendant, and school board, reviewed my site, upon realizing that they had no legal bearing to do anything about the site, they told the teachers to "crack down" on me. Which i was warned about by my teacher that they basically mean that anything i do that breaks an official rule, even if it is a rule that is never enforced or not enforced heavily i will be punished for to the maximum degree. Now right now this is just hearsay. But if I get in trouble for breaking a rule that is ignored and i can prove that it is only enforced upon me because of my website, would that be considered Discrimination seeing as I am being treated differently because of somethign that has no relation to the rule i broke.

racer72

Just as you said, it is hearsay. Till something happens and you have proof, there is nothing you can do.

E

eastonsucks

That i understand, but once i do have proof, will that stand up in court as discrimination?

racer72

Being singled out for rules compliance is not descriimination. Nothing in your OP suggests any kind of discrimination. The rules of your school can be enforced at different levels, it happens to most folks on an everyday basis. Keep your nose clean and you won't have to worry about it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">