• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what is a prospectus- in California?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Dragonmom

What is the name of your state? California, and Illinois
We have a small corporation in IL, and need to move to CA. EW would like to look for investors in California, and one person in particular would be a huge asset to the business for his expertise in the field we work in. OUr IL lawyer tells us that we will go to jail if we talk to this guy before we have a prospectus, and that making one costs $20 grand.
Isn't a prospectus the same thing as a business plan? What differences are there?

HomeGuru

Dragonmom said:
What is the name of your state? California, and Illinois
We have a small corporation in IL, and need to move to CA. EW would like to look for investors in California, and one person in particular would be a huge asset to the business for his expertise in the field we work in. OUr IL lawyer tells us that we will go to jail if we talk to this guy before we have a prospectus, and that making one costs $20 grand.
Isn't a prospectus the same thing as a business plan?

**A: no it is not. Look up the sale of securities law.

Last edited:
D

Dragonmom

"no it is not"?
How zen!
which question are you answering?

HomeGuru

Dragonmom said:
"no it is not"?
How zen!
which question are you answering?
**A: Hey dragon breath, there is a big difference between the two.

signed,
Grand Zen Master.

Last edited:
D

Dragonmom

okay...
I came to this board looking for advice. This is my first question ever on this board. It's not a trivial issue for me, but one that I need to research. This forum offers, or is supposed to offer, advice and answers. As an advisor on a few other boards, (not legal), I know how tiring it is to come up with answers to questions over and over. You have posted, evidently, 30284 answers to questions. Maybe you are burned out and its time to stop.
Dragon breath, huh? Thanks so very much for your insults. They are worth every penny I've paid you- nothing.

I wonder if anyone else has any *actual* advice for me? I need to know where to start.
And, if anyone else feels that homeguru has stepped beyond his or her boundaries in answering your questions, this is the email address to send your thoughts to;
[email protected]

Last edited:

HomeGuru

Dragonmom said:
okay...
I came to this board looking for advice.

**A: that's fine and dandy,

This is my first question ever on this board.

**A: so what. First or fifty first, it makes no difference.

It's not a trivial issue for me, but one that I need to research.

**A: so what did you not do the research you so deparately needed?
This is a legal website. You did not ask a legal question. If you had spent some time doing a search using any major search engine using the words prospectus and business plan, you would have gotten your answers and a lot of information on the subject. Furthermore, I gave you words like securities to look up onyour own government websites. Did you do a search? No, you were just too lazy.
This forum offers, or is supposed to offer, advice and answers. As an advisor on a few other boards, (not legal), I know how tiring it is to come up with answers to questions over and over.

**A: yes, especially when the writers don't want to do the research themselves and instead demand answers handed to them on a silver platter. I am happy to provide legal advice when such advice is not readily and easily obtainable over the internet. Unfortunately, your questions did not fit such paramenters.

You have posted, evidently, 30284 answers to questions.

**A: WOW, is that the real count. Time certainly flies when you're having fun. I would never have guessed that I responded to so many. Thanks for reminding me as I guess now I'm due a fat raise and a long vacation.

Maybe you are burned out and its time to stop.
**A: Nah, I am here strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Dragon breath, huh? Thanks so very much for your insults. They are worth every penny I've paid you- nothing.

**A: you are very welcome.

I wonder if anyone else has any *actual* advice for me? I need to know where to start.

**A: use you computer dufus and go to a major search engine and start typing words like prospectus. That is actual and real advice. You are trying to make others do the work for you. We don't buy it. Doesn't your state have a securities office? I know they do because I used them for insurance and franchise registrations.
And, if anyone else feels that homeguru has stepped beyond his or her boundaries in answering your questions, this is the email address to send your thoughts to;
[email protected]

**A: and when you email, tell them that HomeGuru said Hi and I will see them next week for lunch.

D

Dragonmom

Oddly enough, I did a search for securities, prospectus, california securities law- found myself going around in virtual circles between the cal.gov websites and get-rich-quick lawyers' websites. That's when I came here.
Thank you for the advice, I will use it. But this can't be good for your blood pressure. You need to get off the internet for a while.

Last edited:

HomeGuru

Dragonmom said:
Oddly enough, I did a search for securities, prospectus, california securities law- found myself going around in virtual circles between the cal.gov websites and get-rich-quick lawyers' websites. That's when I came here.
Thank you for the advice, I will use it. But this can't be good for your blood pressure. You need to get off the internet for a while.
**A: well if you had stated that in the first place things would have turned out different. Then again, who knows exactly what you did before coming here.

D

Dragonmom

If as you intimate, you are PAID to give advice here, then my advice to you is to simply give advice.
Your job, if job you have, is not to decide what I have or have not done. Your job is not to call me names, your job is not to decide I am lazy, or call me a dufus. If your job is to answer the same stupid questions day after day then just answer the stupid questions. Airing your opinions is not part of your job.

If you think I can use better search words to find what I want then all you have to do is say what you think they are. If you think I am asking too broad a question, help me refine it. That would be doing your job.

I can tell you that I am not lazy. I am forty-seven years old, and mother of two, I work fulltime, and as a parttime job I have four internet clients, for whom I administer their websites. I taught myself webmastery. I am an enterpreneur, I am starting to move my family halfway across the country, and I will have to incorporate in California to do that- at the same time I am making the move. I am overworked, and getting ready to work even harder, and looking for the place to start.
This information should not matter to you. I could care less what you think about my circumstances. They only matter to me. I had one issue to bring here. If you want to drag in your snap opinion of me, I could give my opinion of you; lazy, arrogant and young enough to be my kid- thank god you are not. You think you are working too hard, typing things into your computer? Pu-leeze. I work in a machine shop. I do physical work seven hours and intellectual work after I get home.

This forum, AS IT IS ADVERTISED, is all about customer service. That's why I came here. I didn't drop in so you could tell me what you think of my lazyness. That would be the Abuse board at insults.com, and you might get a substantial raise if you moved there.

I can see that this thread has had plenty of views. What do some of the rest of you think about this exchange? Doesn't it fill you with confidence? I bet you just can't wait for your chance to be abused by this little git.

Last edited:
E

Eileen F.

Hey Home Guru

Are you always this nasty? Sheesh, DragonMom came here looking for some answers and you have been nothing but rude in your response. Go crawl back into the hole you came out of. With friends like you.......well, you know the saying champ.

HomeGuru

Dragonmom said:
If as you intimate, you are PAID to give advice here, then my advice to you is to simply give advice.
Your job, if job you have, is not to decide what I have or have not done. Your job is not to call me names, your job is not to decide I am lazy, or call me a dufus. If your job is to answer the same stupid questions day after day then just answer the stupid questions. Airing your opinions is not part of your job.

If you think I can use better search words to find what I want then all you have to do is say what you think they are. If you think I am asking too broad a question, help me refine it. That would be doing your job.

I can tell you that I am not lazy. I am forty-seven years old, and mother of two, I work fulltime, and as a parttime job I have four internet clients, for whom I administer their websites. I taught myself webmastery. I am an enterpreneur, I am starting to move my family halfway across the country, and I will have to incorporate in California to do that- at the same time I am making the move. I am overworked, and getting ready to work even harder, and looking for the place to start.
This information should not matter to you. I could care less what you think about my circumstances. They only matter to me. I had one issue to bring here. If you want to drag in your snap opinion of me, I could give my opinion of you; lazy, arrogant and young enough to be my kid- thank god you are not. You think you are working too hard, typing things into your computer? Pu-leeze. I work in a machine shop. I do physical work seven hours and intellectual work after I get home.

This forum, AS IT IS ADVERTISED, is all about customer service. That's why I came here. I didn't drop in so you could tell me what you think of my lazyness. That would be the Abuse board at insults.com, and you might get a substantial raise if you moved there.

I can see that this thread has had plenty of views. What do some of the rest of you think about this exchange? Doesn't it fill you with confidence? I bet you just can't wait for your chance to be abused by this little git.
**A: thank you for writing. Apparently, you fail to understand or comprehend what my job here is, if any. That's ok.

HomeGuru

Re: Hey Home Guru

Eileen F. said:
Are you always this nasty? Sheesh, DragonMom came here looking for some answers and you have been nothing but rude in your response. Go crawl back into the hole you came out of. With friends like you.......well, you know the saying champ.
**A: my response: Eileen F. U

D

Dragonmom

HomeGuru said:
**A: thank you for writing. Apparently, you fail to understand or comprehend what my job here is, if any. That's ok.
Apparently, you are speaking for yourself. If I fail to comprehend what your job here is, if any, then you are probably not doing a good job of it. That's not okay.

HomeGuru

On the contrary. I am doing a wonderful job and enjoying every minute of it.
This is how much fun I am having. La la la la .........la la la la la.
If you don't like it here, just get up off your fat prospectus and leave.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">