• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

census bureau statistics

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pamela vandi

What is the name of your state? louisiana

The census bureau recently compiled statistics on adoption. I would like to find these statistics on their official web site, www.census.gov. Maybe they haven't updated their web site yet. Please post a link on this "thread" if you can find the info on the official web site. Failing that, a link to an outside source with comprehensive info on the recent census report on adoption would be the next best thing.

HomeGuru

pamela vandi said:
What is the name of your state? louisiana

The census bureau recently compiled statistics on adoption. I would like to find these statistics on their official web site, www.census.gov. Maybe they haven't updated their web site yet. Please post a link on this "thread" if you can find the info on the official web site. Failing that, a link to an outside source with comprehensive info on the recent census report on adoption would be the next best thing.
**A: huh?

nextwife

Are you referring to the census bureau records on how many adopted children were international adoptions and that the greatest number of international adoptions, to date, were from Korea?

P

pamela vandi

to nextwife

The subject you mention is only part of the report. For the first time, the census bureau has compiled statistics on adoption. If it would help, I can post a link which refers to the new development. I would like to see the statistics on the official census bureau web site, but the feds are often slow to move, as we all know.

nextwife

THis site has links to the full text of the report, in pdf and html format.

http://adoption.about.com/b/a/020068.htm

Here's an excerpt:

Census Bureau Delivers First-Ever Report on Adoption
Adoption Blog

August 24, 2003
Census Bureau Delivers First-Ever Report on Adoption
The first-ever Census report on adopted children and stepchildren puts the total number of adoptees under the age of 18 at 1.586 million, and stepchildren under 18 at 3.292 million. The data have been presented in a Special Report from the Census Bureau, "Adopted Children and Stepchildren: 2000," and offer a revealing look at our families.

The report compares certain characteristics of the nation's 2.1 million adoptees (1.586M under 18) and their parents with those of stepchildren and biological children and their parents. Some highlights:

The 1.586 million adoptees under the age of 18 make up approximately 2.5% of that population group;
The greatest percentage of adoptees (approx. 87%) were born in the U.S.;
Almost half (48%) of internationally adopted children under 18 were born in Asia, 33% were born in Latin America, and 16% were born in Europe;
Adoptive parents tend to be older, have higher incomes and have more formal education than other parents;
A greater percentage of adoptive parents are married, as compared with biological parents.

P

pamela vandi

That's it!

Thanks. That's the "missing link" I was seeking.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">