• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Slander

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Tpicks

What is the name of your state? I live in Ohio. Question is: What can I do if someone is saying untrue things to potential customers. I just purchased a business and one competitor is saying untrue statements to potential customers of mine I had an employee of mine look and compare pricing. Employee was dressed as a normal customer and asked about our store to my competitor. Competitor said alot of untrue statements to my employee. How can I stop this from happening? Any help would be appreciated.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Tpicks said:
What is the name of your state? I live in Ohio. Question is: What can I do if someone is saying untrue things to potential customers. I just purchased a business and one competitor is saying untrue statements to potential customers of mine I had an employee of mine look and compare pricing. Employee was dressed as a normal customer and asked about our store to my competitor. Competitor said alot of untrue statements to my employee. How can I stop this from happening? Any help would be appreciated.

My response:

Have your attorney to go to that store, carrying a concealed tape recorder, and "dressed as a normal customer and ask about your store".

Instant "tortious interference with prospective business advantage, and slander", among other potential causes of action and damages.

Good luck.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">