• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dropping Restraining Orders

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tiajjo

Massachusetts

What is the process on having a restraining order dropped after it was extended for 30 days? Do they need to go back to probate court and if so, is it a one day process? Thank for any info.

Jeter

The person will have to go to court and appear before the judge that issued the order. The court will be reluctant to let the person withdraw the restraining order, if at all, because they will fear that the person withdrawing the order is being manipulated or pressured to recant the complaint(s) that led to the restraining order being issued. Mind you that the courts and procecutors will resist the efforts to back out of any criminal complaint and restraining order for fear that on a subsequent occasion the person may turn up hurt or dead.

Last edited:
No one in a relationship should get physical with their mate or loved one and no loved one or their mate should challenge the other so as to provoke an uncontroled emotional or physical response. A relationship is based on respect. IMHO If you or your loved one cannot agree on that basic tenant then you shouldn't be together
YEP>>> I agree...This is where my PO is from..DO you have kids?

Are you the abuser or victim?

Jeter

Hey SF, That didn't appear on my post after I edited it becaus I didn't want to give relationship advice to a 3rd party if the poster wasn't talking about him/herself. But since you extracted that before I could recant it....

Damn Skippy!:)

T

tiajjo

Thanks for the replies, but they were alittle too late. The order has since been dropped. Oh, and btw this info wasn't for me personally, just trying to help someone out. Thanks again. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">