• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Urgent Question On Fcc

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

KingEd1

What is the name of your state? Florida. I am trying to help my daughter, a communications major, research a paper she is writing. Here is what she needs to know: 1) What is the FCC position on a network or cable TV show airing a program on which gambling is solicited on a sporting or horse-racing event?
2) How does TVG, the interactive horseracing network that combines televised coverage with wagering from home via telephone and computer, manage to comply with the law and FCC regulations? 3) To run a gambling-based show -- betting on sports events -- on TV is FCC approval required and is individual state approval required? (My daughter wonders why TVG is available in only a few states. You can view TVG's interesting website.) Thank you very much for your kind attention to these questions. We have not been able to find much information in the library or online, so your help is really a godsend. It is deeply appreciated. Please respond to: [email protected]. Thanks again, Ted King ###

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">