• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

commercial properties and noise

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

styles976

i am in texas in a small city called groves.

recently i started a custom car audio shop in groves, texas. the city of groves gave me a building permit to renovate an old k-mart service center knowing the type of business it would be, and the building owner and manager leased us the building knowing the type of business it would be. the location backs up to a neighborhood, and the neighbors have complained about the loud music. loud music is the nature of our business. it's how we support our families. the city is making us go to city council meetings to discuss the "legalities" of our business, and they have tried to make us spend thousands of dollars that we don't have to insulate the building. the building that we're in was built 10 years before the neighborhood. the neighborhood was actually part of the commercial property before it was re-zoned. i would like to know if they could shut us down, and what we could do in our defense. it doesn't seem right that the city could give us a permit and the building manager could lease us a building then after all that tell us that we can't conduct regular business.

Corey LeDay
[email protected]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">