• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Help!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kwiknez

What is the name of your state? CA

I have a question. My girlfriend has been hiding from her psycho ex-boyfriend for over 6 years. He nearly killed her a couple of times. She has multiple restraining orders on him, and he is wanted in 2 states. Whenever she moves, he always seems to find her. So she decided to put a fake name on the rental agreement. She made up a social, and gave it to the landlord. He didnt run a credit check, so she got the apartment. Well this month the rent was a little late, and he filed papers for eviction. Next thing we know he says that he knows about her using a fake name and is filing a report with the police department, also said something about government fraud. She didnt do this to gain credit or get any kind of monies, she is just hiding from someone. How much trouble can she get in????? PLEASE HELP

C

coosi

A nonverbal "bump". Tag you're it. You get to answer this post!

Jeter

Redheads.....:rolleyes:

Kwiknez: How much trouble she can get in depends upon if fraud charges are pressed and what that charge carries as a penalty in the state of CA. I will let a CA attorney answer that question if so inclined.

For the future, tell your girlfriend to be up front with the people who AREN'T trying to hunt her down! They can probably offer her more protection if they know the scoop

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">