• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sexual abuse by brother

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

ssssis

What is the name of your state? calif. my brother sexually abused my sister and I when we were children. my mother chose to ignore it when we finally told her last year. she has since passed away, yet chose to reward my brother with her sizeable estate. my other brothers and sisters know, they are older than us. is there anything we can do. he has been confronted by older brother but doesn't care. I was 12 at the time. sister was 10. He may have possibly abused our younger brother,but he won't talk about it. this happend 30 years ago.

Jeter

24 years have passed since your 18th birthday and 21 yrs since your 21st birthday. Why have you waited so long to pursue legal action? How old was your brother at the time?

Last edited:
C

coosi

Sis,

Does this have something to do with your mother's estate?

stephenk

Cmon, it has everything to do with mom's estate. Mom left money, property, etc. to the abusive son and nothing (or a pittance) to the rest of the kids.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">