• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

web bisiness

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bigfam1

What is the name of your state? illinois
i bought a cigarette store on ebay. the supplier that the seller gave me has a note that it could be illegal to resell cig. and that
they should be for personal use only. if i set up this store online and sold cig. would i be breaking the law?

HomeGuru

bigfam1 said:
What is the name of your state? illinois
i bought a cigarette store on ebay. the supplier that the seller gave me has a note that it could be illegal to resell cig. and that
they should be for personal use only.

**A: knowing this important information, why would you buy this store? Are you a heavy smoker and were you going to sell the smokes to yourself?

if i set up this store online and sold cig. would i be breaking the law?
**A: yes. There have been a lot of scams like this & some companies do it through network marketing selling cheap smokes bought from Indian reservations and overseas.

B

bigfam1

I don't understand. It's not illegal to go through indian reservations/overseas? Isn't dropshipping like they are buying from the supplier and paying me like a finders fee?

HomeGuru

bigfam1 said:
I don't understand. It's not illegal to go through indian reservations/overseas? Isn't dropshipping like they are buying from the supplier and paying me like a finders fee?
**A: it is entirely legal to buy for your own personal use. The smokes can not be resold. You want to retail them over the internet. If you want to sell them, you need a brick and mortar store.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">