• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

cigarette website

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

ordermycigs

What is the name of your state? Texas

I am considering buying a web site for duty free cigarettes from outside the US. Would I be violating any laws if I run a cigarette website where I receive the orders and transmit them to a duty free supplier and the smokers get the cigarettes direct from the supplier from outside the US? I will not buy them then re ship them from the US. Do I have to charge sales tax even though I am not selling anything? Can it be considered a service for sales tax purpose?

According to the company ads I am only providing the service of forwarding the orders, for a fee, and it is permitted.

HomeGuru

ordermycigs said:
What is the name of your state? Texas

I am considering buying a web site for duty free cigarettes from outside the US. Would I be violating any laws if I run a cigarette website where I receive the orders and transmit them to a duty free supplier and the smokers get the cigarettes direct from the supplier from outside the US? I will not buy them then re ship them from the US. Do I have to charge sales tax even though I am not selling anything? Can it be considered a service for sales tax purpose?

According to the company ads I am only providing the service of forwarding the orders, for a fee, and it is permitted.
**A: scam.

O

ordermycigs

scam?

How would it be a scam if no laws are broken and it makes me money?

HomeGuru

Re: scam?

ordermycigs said:
How would it be a scam if no laws are broken and it makes me money?
**A: oh, yeah, you're absolutely right. Go right ahead and post back a month from now letting us know how much money you made.
And don't forget to let the IRS, FTC and the BATF know too.

O

ordermycigs

legal advice

Sorry,

I thought this site was somehow for serious legal advice.

- ordermycigs

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: Hey ordermycigs

Eileen Phlem said:
You are right (cough). I do not think a cigarette site would be a legitimate (heehhhhhmmm, spit) web site at all. From what I can see (gag, cough, cough) people come here seeking legal advice (heeeeemmmeeee, cough) and this great guy named HomeGuru gives wonderful advice and cuts crappy posters like so much garbage paper like you. (gag, cough, gag) You're such a loser. (cough)

My advice to anyone that comes here is to ask your questions and you'll receive the best free advice available. (hheeeeeemm, gag) I believe your intended cigarette site is also a scam. (cough, cough, throws up a lung)

H

hexeliebe

DAMN BIG GUY! You made me choke on my last Choeba....

Now what am I going to smoke? :D

E

Eileen F.

Hey almost liable

Was that supposed to be funny?? Oh my, I forgot to laugh.

I don't even smoke nitwit. My point was that this website is not for giving out free legal advice but is for giving out free dumb opinions from you whackos who post here 24/7. It's a shame you don't have more of a life.

Last edited by a moderator:
V

valleydude

always liable=homeguru
homeguru=always liable
same person same puff puff puffup

E

Eileen F.

I couldn't agree more!!!! Glad someone else has noticed this!!
I wrote an e-mail of complaint, not that it will do any good but I sure felt better.

Bigfoot

If the original poster does not like the answers given, s/he can contact the attorney general of his/her state for a legal opinion.

Bigfoot

For clarification, I mean the s/he can contact the Attorney General's office on whether or not to set up a cigarette website.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">