• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

adopting a family member

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

angy26_b

What is the name of your state? oklahoma

I have a 2cd cousin in need of a home. Her biological mother was killed in an accident some time ago. She had sole custody at the time of her death. The childs biological father is my cousin, who happens to be in prison at this time. I was told the step father has legal custody of the child (who is 14) but doesn't want her. He shipped her off to a grandparent, who shipped her off to another grandparent (my aunt, her biological father's mother) who also doesn't want her. How do I go about obtaining legal custody of this child? Do I have to track the former step father down to get consent? Is there records that tell me who actually has legal custody? Does the biological father have to give consent even though he never had anything to do with the child? This child is currently living with my family now. I would appreciate any help.

dakoto70

That poor child

I don't have any legal advice for you I justed to let you know that I will be praying for your family and this child. How awful to be unloved and unwanted by your own father. I hope things work out for you and her.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">