• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What are my options?? Please help!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

shy_gal200

What is the name of your state?
Kansas

Hello everyone, I am in the proccess of a divorce, I haven't gotten an attorney yet I just want to know if anyone can help before I do this?? I am currently 7 months pregnant and I was wanting to get the divorce started and finished if all possible before the baby comes. I live in the house that I am buying on contract a little over five years ago, so I am wanting to know if there is anyway that he can get the house. There are certain things in the home that we purchased since we have been married and a few of these things he says he wants. I guess my main concern is like I said getting this over as quickly as possible and trying to keep what is rightfully mine, I mean don't get me wrong I don't have a problem with him getting certain things, he has gotten all of his personal belongings already. I just don't want him to try to take things that he knows that were here to begin with and like I said before one of the things that he wants is the living room furniture, ok, where am I going to sit, I am 7 months pregnant it isn't like I can run out and buy some new furniture!! Also he makes enough money he can go buy new stuff, he is the one that wanted all of this.............well anyways, I know this is kind of short and sweet here, if anyone can help, please send a message my way......if I didn't get in enough detail please send a message my way and I can tell more! Thanks!

tigger22472

Firstly you need to check and see if your state allows you to divorce while you were pregnant. Secondly no one can tell you what a judge would do when it comes to the house or the property inside. So, as I said the first step is to find out if your state allows it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">