• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can u sue person who spouse had affair with???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

funandlovable

What is the name of your state? ky

I heard that I could leagally sue the person who my spouse had an affair with, if I had witnesses to the affair. Does anyone know about this, or is this wishful thinking?

Thanks

VG1013

funandlovable said:
What is the name of your state? ky

I heard that I could leagally sue the person who my spouse had an affair with, if I had witnesses to the affair. Does anyone know about this, or is this wishful thinking?

Thanks
~~~There is probably a legal way to go about it....but why bother, if you sue her...she will be in your life that much longer. Let it go, along with your spouse who cheated on you, it was a 2 way street you know!

tigger22472

Ok.. VG.. lol I was staying away from this one cuz I get tired of these posts however... here's the legal answer for the OP...
There is a law called "alienation of affection" in which a person is given the right to sue someone their spouse had an affair with if they can prove the marriage was in fact in tact before the affair. HOWEVER, all states but one of the Carolinas(can't remember which one) no longer have this law on the books so the OP has no recourse.

3kidsmom

Only a few states

still consider "Alienation of affection" as actionable. NC is one of them.

The best revenge is to live well, and be HAPPY!!:D

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
In addition, should you decide to pursue an Alienation of Affection action, you can expect that every inch of your life will become an open book. From how many times a day you take a crap, to your favorite sexual positions, to how well (or not) you give head. You name it - it's gonna be brought up in court.

VG1013

stealth2 said:
In addition, should you decide to pursue an Alienation of Affection action, you can expect that every inch of your life will become an open book. From how many times a day you take a crap, to your favorite sexual positions, to how well (or not) you give head. You name it - it's gonna be brought up in court.
~~~Exactly Stealth2, this is why I gave the OP the response I did, her life will no longer be private. I just don't think it's worth it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">