• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

contesting divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pbemt

What is the name of your state? missouri
me and my ex are getting divorced. we have 2 kids together and she is wanting child support with my income that is coming to a stop in 2 weeks. how can i get my payment changed or can i put the divorce off til i find another job or how long can i put our divorce off?

VG1013

pbemt said:
What is the name of your state? missouri
me and my ex are getting divorced. we have 2 kids together and she is wanting child support with my income that is coming to a stop in 2 weeks. how can i get my payment changed or can i put the divorce off til i find another job or how long can i put our divorce off?
~~~Only the court can change or terminate court ordered child support orders. Under no circumstances can the parties agree between themselves to alter a court order without the court's permission. So if your wife agree's to put off the divorce until you find employment, then work it from there. But you will have to pay CS no matter what. This might help some though, the state of Missouri has established guidelines for child support orders. These guidelines consider the needs of the child(ren) and the income of each party, i.e. the custodial and noncustodial parent, and costs for child care and health insurance. Therefore, the amount of child support she receives will be different depending on your individual circumstances.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">