• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

If I'm called as a "witness"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

incassable

What is the name of your state? CA

My boyfriends divorce is heating up, and it appears that his wife would like to see me called as a witness - to answer financial questions gifts, support.... but honestly more than anything to scare him with the thought that he will have to "face" us both in the same room)

I have given him money and he has paid "our" bills. We (he and I) will be bringing proof of such to court, as we don't want there to be any question that he was receiving more "income" than he actually does.

Will (or can) they delve into MY personal finances? (amount, source etc. of my income?) If so, what relevance can they use? I feel violated by the thought and would like to refuse this information if asked, can I do that?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">