• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sister is getting a divorce, question on house/child

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gstacie

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

My sister is getting a divorce and wanted to me to check around since her appointment with the lawyer is not until Friday.

The problem is that my sister's husband kicked her out of the house. She has the child, but he says that he wants to buy her out of the house and to get out. My sister and my niece (3 years old) moved out of the house and into my parent's house. Her husband doesn't want full custody and says he will quit his job if she sees a lawyer on child support. He says he will give her some money. She is scared he will quit his job. He also says that she has to get out of the house since she wants the divorce. My niece is confused and my parent's have been taking her a lot to get her out of the situtation. Does she really have to be out of the house? She is just scared and doesn't want her daughter to see the fighting. Also he is now saying that she is cheating on him (which she is not) and that she needs to get out. What is the law in Wisconsin on Child Support and Child Day Care. He makes 3 times what she does and I think he will quit his job. What are her options. Thanks!:confused:

enjay

He's not going to quit his job, otherwise how is he going to afford the house?

Even if he does quit his job, she is entitled to child support based on his and her incomes. The child support would be calculated based on what he made or what the judge feels he has the potential to make.

She has every right to be in the house, however it probably isn't the safest place for her or her daughter. A child shouldn't have to listen to all of the hoopla.

G

gstacie

Daycare/Child support

Do you know anything about Wisconsin Child Support. She knows it is 17%, but what about day care expenses is that separate or included in the 17%. Day Care alone is $500 a month.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">