• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lega Advice HELP! vague job description

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

chiapet10

What is the name of your state? California

about 3 months ago i was working at radioshack when two gentlemen came in the store to buy a cell phone from me. we started talking and soon they offered me a job to become their salesman for they new startup company. i was to receive 10% commission for the product i was selling, which was solid surface for builders, distributors, and fabricators(countertops ie. CORIAN). i've been working for them ever since, for 4 hours a day, twice a week. so far i have collected a list of contacts and projects from large hotel builders and countershops (im still in the process of waiting for the deals). however, i am a little suspicious of the company because i was never asked to sign any documents stating my job description or asked to sign somehting stating the amount i was to receive from these sales. the owner of the company only promised me verbally that i was to receive 10% of the profits from each sale. WHAT SHOULD I DO?!?!?! should i ask for a written agreement? or should i just wait for the deals to go through first, then ask him to sign something? these potential sales are lucridous and i just want my fair share, please help. :confused:

HomeGuru

chiapet10 said:
What is the name of your state? California

about 3 months ago i was working at radioshack when two gentlemen came in the store to buy a cell phone from me. we started talking and soon they offered me a job to become their salesman for they new startup company. i was to receive 10% commission for the product i was selling, which was solid surface for builders, distributors, and fabricators(countertops ie. CORIAN). i've been working for them ever since, for 4 hours a day, twice a week. so far i have collected a list of contacts and projects from large hotel builders and countershops (im still in the process of waiting for the deals). however, i am a little suspicious of the company because i was never asked to sign any documents stating my job description or asked to sign somehting stating the amount i was to receive from these sales. the owner of the company only promised me verbally that i was to receive 10% of the profits from each sale. WHAT SHOULD I DO?!?!?! should i ask for a written agreement? or should i just wait for the deals to go through first, then ask him to sign something? these potential sales are lucridous and i just want my fair share, please help. :confused:
**A: what is lucridous?

V

valleydude

yes, ask for a contract the sooner the better
tell your boss good fences make good neighbors
Do you have the details of the deals or do your boss
if you have control of the deals, then you can easily go to your boss and ask for a signed contract. Write out the details as you understand them and go to an attorney and have him send it on official stationary If the boss writes it make sure you have an attorney look at the contract before you sign it if the deals are so big you can't afford not to!
Anyway, any lawyer will give you a consultation free.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">