• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ins. coverage after divorce...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jholc

What is the name of your state? Indiana

After being married to the same person for 28 years and then getting a divorce and going back w/him in a couple of months and living with him for the next 8 years unmarried and then splitting up with him in 2000 and going back and forth several times and then remarrying him in 2002, would there be any way possible for me to get him to pay for my insurance after finding out recently that I have a serious health problem and my insurance where I work is almost nonexistent and will be gone on Nov of this year anyway and his insurance is much better and my health may not hold out for me to work anyway.

Bigfoot

Your subject says insurance after divorce, but you state that you remarried in 2002. First you have to assess how serious your health problem is. If your 'husband' has health insurance through a large group, then they may absorb you into the system (for a fee of course). If it's a smaller group, it's less likely, because of the expectation of high claims.

If you are not married to this person and have serious health problems and a low income, then your local social services agency may assist you in qualiying for Medicaid: insurance for low income people.

Regardless of the cost, none of us can predict his willingness to pay for your insurance or health care.

Best wishes to you as you contemplate your choices.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">