• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

A very distraught ex-girlfriend

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hands4u32003

What is the name of your state? Colorado
I am currently involved in a 3rd degree assualt case which is at best questionable. after the fact i filed a tro to keep her away from me. we have a child but have never been married. he's 10. the police weren't able to serve her so i took a non bias third party to go to her house and have them serve her. on the way there she merge in her vehicle on the same street. i followed her to her house and the third party got out and gave her the paperwork. she became rude and informed them that the police were on the way. i spoke with them and explained my intentions. i never left the vehicle or spoke a word to her. seeings how there is a law against intimidation of plantiffs. the third party was even a relative so no fear of saftey should arise. anyway i was free to go. at the date of my pro the morning of i was served with her tro. which she obviously filed as soon as she was served. the only difference was the children visitation. now it was made very clear to me that this is not in any way a custody hearing and not to even discuss this point. seeings how i have a criminal case pending it could be harmful to have a hearing and was going to request a continuance until after the trial for the 3rd degree. anyway i made prior plans and bought plane tickets for afterwards. here pro is a day after i leave the state. i tried to explain to the judge that most likely a hearing would be postponed until this trial date and that i would even be out of state. i was interupted before i even got to the part about plane tickets. either way it seems obvious to me that all this is done in retaliation. or she would have filed a tro when she filed the 3rd degree assault. judge said too bad and if i don't show then her child visitation will be in effect, which is none. my plane leaves in a week. what can i do to get a continuance of what seems to me to be abuse of the system? also how can i present her actions to the court to show that she is just giving me a hard time??

Bryan

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
This is one of the reasons why I always say that when there are kids involved - YOU NEED A LAWYER!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">