• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

supplement to affidavit?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

damianastone

utah.

i am representing myself in my divorce, pro se. i filed a motion for temporary relief and also an affidavit in support of the motion. i have a few more things i wish i'd included in the original affidavit...and was wondering if now i may i now file a "supplemental" affidavit in support of the motion for temporary relief? it's kind of to answer respondent's affidavit that i received just after filing my affidavit. so can i answer his affidavit? or do i simply create a supplemental affidavit of points i didn't know he'd bring up, so didn't include? i need to know the appropriate doc. form for these thoughts.

also...

i would like to give the respondent the oportunity to read the document i am speaking of before i file it, so that if he wishes it not to be filed and made public, he can settle instead. would that be legal? and if so, do i just drop it off with his attorney so they can review it? i have a protective order against the respondent so we are not in contact directly.

thank you so very much for your help.

D

damianastone

To Stealth2,

what do you mean you would file a response? my question reflects that i don't know what type of document i need to file. when you say file a response, do you mean the document is called a "response", rather than an affadavit? please clarify.

thank you for your help.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Not a clue what it would be called in Utah. But as an example, I filed a motion, the ex filed a cross motion, I filed a reply certification. You'll have to do the research to find out what the forms would be.

But my point was really that I wouldn't bother to inform the stbx what your next filing will be. For starters, you have a limited time in which you can file your response. Also - your stbx must know how you would respond to his filing. It's not going to be any surprise to him. He's basically daring you to do it. So take him up on it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">