• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

division of assets

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rioharde

What is the name of your state? California
I am still battling over our assets. My husband and I seperated in Aug of 2001 with the understanding (or so I thought) that we would seperate for 6 months and try to work it out after that. We owned a house and he agreed to stay there and make the payments for the six months. In January of 2002 he sent the divorce papers. I found out he was not making the payments and the bank had started the foreclosure process. I was able to get the house sold before the process was up. We are fighting over the equity we got in the house. I was under the impression that he would owe me the money for staying in the house without making the payments and the foreclosure cost of about 1200.00 due to some law of watts credit or something like that. Am I able to collect this money or not. Please help with any suggestions or where I can go to research something like this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">