• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

!st amendment application

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

IronKnuckle

An online message board recently deleted my post regarding religon. The subject was Jesus Christ and I posted an exerpt from the Book of Morman. It was deleted and made a spectical. Do I have the right to post what I want with regard to religion as long as it stays within the bounds of the forum rules?

I

IronKnuckle

No the orginization is a public entity. Anyone can join. Are there still certain protections pertaining to religion?

I

IronKnuckle

I think it might be more of a question of discrimination. I'm still not sure, that's why I'm here!

racer72

The owner of the forum has the right to edit and delete posts has they wish. It does not matter if the forum is run by a government agency or private individual. The 1st amendment and free speech do not apply in this case, internet forums are not a public place or function.

HomeGuru

IronKnuckle said:
An online message board recently deleted my post regarding religon. The subject was Jesus Christ and I posted an exerpt from the Book of Morman. It was deleted and made a spectical. Do I have the right to post what I want with regard to religion as long as it stays within the bounds of the forum rules?

**A: I have never heard of the Book of Morman. Is it a new one?

I

IronKnuckle

I came here for professional advice. How did I end up with this? How old are you people? 4?

C

coosi

1) Your question was already answered.

2) Do you really expect to be treated seriously when you misspell your reference material?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">