• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

property rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rsga

What is the name of your state? Georgia

I have been married for 6 years and have a mortgage in my name. The deed, however, is in both our names. I have caught my husband talking to girls over the internet and talking about marriage, etc. Anyway, I have decided on getting a divorce. My husband has never been legally liable for payments on this house and could care less about taking care of it as he has demonstrated our whole marriage. I want this house as I feel his parents constant interference in our personal life and his irresponsibility has caused problems that are beyond repair. He has made it clear by his behavior that he does not want to be married...atleast not to me. I have invested my time and money into it and I am afraid he will try to take the house away. What property rights do I have under Georgia law? Will I have to sell it and divide the proceeds?
Thanks for your help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">