• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My husband abandoned me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

shy_gal200

What is the name of your state?
Kansas

Hello, I have posted a couple times on here, I want to know what I can do if my husband abandon me? I am currently looking into "legal services" in Kansas and having some luck, not much! Before he left I was working part-time, since I am 7 1/2 months pregnant and he was working full-time. Well he decides to leave on day for work, he is gone a week, then two weeks, which isn't really that abnormal because he just started this job so he is going to be out of town more, that's cool....... he's done this type of thing before, no big deal!! Well then he comes home and gets more clothes, says, "I haven't had a chance to wash them, they are all dirty.....bla bla bla" in the proccess of all this he says he needs time away, "I want that happiness back in our marriage..... bla bla" okay well I am a little upset, he is as well upset...... we talk and then he leaves. A week passes and I find out something that makes me very very upset so I call him on it, he denies it up and down, "there is nothing going on you are being parinoid!!" Pretty much I have reasons to believe that he is messing around, he has had a pattern of this in his past, but I figure "people change" So, anyways, long story short here, he has left for good, pretty much he has abandoned me. He has said "If you need anything just call, I will be there for you and the baby, just call anytime" So anyways, here I am........ I have tryed to work things out, he doesn't want to work things out, he hasn't helped me like he said he would......so I am in the proccess of getting a lawyer and filing for divorce!! I am currently trying to work as much as I can, because I know here in a less then two months I am going to have to take off of work to take care of our baby. So.....I am wandering if anyone has any resources what so ever for Kansas for getting some type of "free legal services" I don't mean, free free, but something reduced a lot, I also want to know what he can and can't take from the home, he wants certain things that we have purchased together on credit cards, and they aren't paid for yet, I am in the proccess of filing Bankruptcy if I have no other option. Anyways, if anyone can give me any legal advice that would be great!! And also if anyone has any information on "pro-bono lawyer" or somthing in that area that would be great too!! Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">