• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

court in 3 days!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

msmyrtlebeach

What is the name of your state? georgia
I have a temporary protective order against me by my live-in boyfriend. we would like to continue the relationship and living arrangements. what should i/we tell the judge?

Jeter

Tell the judge that your boyfriend isn't happy unless he's getting his ass beat, so lift the order so that you can do it again sometime soon.

D

dyinginside

well, i dont know your situation....and i guess for once i wont get nosy and just answer straight to the point...my guess would be pretty simple......tell the judge you changed your mind? ok i lied......you sure....getting it lifted is inyour best interest? THINK about it....and then.....seriously think about it again.....you must have felt you hada pretty good reason for getting it in the first place....right?But,only you know whats right for you.Whatever you decide....good luck...and nothing but the best to the most imprtant person in your life....you.

dakoto70

read the post

hey dying , did you read this post before you replied? the TPR is against HER she is the one that beat the crap out of her boyfriend and why he would want her back just blows my mind. I wish these vistims would stop being vistims and quit going back. Hopefully when yuo get into court there isn't a damn thing you can do about it. The court finds you guilty of DV and you spend time in jail for it. Hell we expect no less than for that to happen to the guys who are being charged with DV you are no better. Spend some time in jail so you can think about it the next time you think it is ok to lay your hands on another human being.

D

dyinginside

oooooops

i feel a lil stoooopy lol thanx dakoto....i read it....just didnt read it right eeek my bad......i still say the same thing....just i guess on his behalf not hers.

I was half way to bed when i posted....guess i shouldnt stay up posting lol....later

*Kristen*

dakoto70

LOL dying you are too funny. I hope I didn't come off to harsh when I wrote that. But people who are charged with DV are the worst for me. I put them on a list with child molestors. I don't care if you ONLY hit the other person " one time" one time is too many. Noone has the right to touch anyway in the form of violence, just because you are mad.

D

dyinginside

i totally agree....and too many people have too many "excuses"....and you know if they did it once because they were mad......well people dont just get mad once....its just another sad pattern

oh and you didnt come off harsh ...when i read what yousaid....i scrolled up and read it slower...i read it so fast thefirst time....anyhow when i looked...i even laughed at myself...i was like omg...im an idiot LOL im glad you did say something!
Seeya...errr read ya later...and slower i promise

*Kristen*

L

Lorri24

I'm sorry, but as much as cdv are terrible because i'm a victim of it for 13 years accept mine was terrible mental with 1 or 2/year physical out-breaks, i think that before you make a judgement call and make such a comment, maybe you should find out the whole story first. My husband has put marks on himself and then when police arrive, (i was the one calling for help mind you), he tells them that i did it . They believe him. I was arrested when i was the one who was shoved against the wall and hearing him tell our children that i was a loser and lazy and that i didn't love them. I place the call and what happens, i'm the one at fault? What do you feel about that scenario? Any suggestions would be wonderful. I feel that the system has let me down and left me no alternative but to stay with this man because i can't get a job because of this charge, and he doesn't give me any money. They were supposed to help me not hurt me.:mad: :mad: :(

dakoto70

Sorry

Sorry if I upset you with my post but I have never known anyone to be convicted of DV and not be guilty of it. Did you go to trial for the DV charge? or did you just let it go? I have no sympathy for domestic abusers the make me sick and I think they should all fry in hell.

I guess there could be an exception to this and you are it. I am sorry for what you had to go through and I hope NOW you are out of it. Noone has the right to lay their hands on anyone for any reason. NOONE.

L

Lorri24

I'm sorry if I was so forceful with my reply, but I learned the hard way that the saying"Never judge a book by it's cover" is true!!!I lost friends because I judged them, but my husband turned out to be the one I should of been judging yet I was blind with young love then went in to deniel. Most DV's are probably the real deal whether it is against the man or woman. And I agree that neither has a right to put they're hands on the other in anger. Another thing though is that in SC if police are called to the home for a dv they are required by law to arrest "someone" if they think that there is potential danger, so even if there are no marks. I know that policy may save someone's life but like in my case anybody can say what they want. It's one's word against the other. The reason I have a DV is because I was "advised" mislead that the only thing the charge affected was carrying a gun- no biggie, I don't like having them around. No one told me that it was a felony. I'm a homemaker w/3 kids, hubby controls all the finances, he was not going to hire anyone because I had to go and involve the cops. Basically I was on my own. I waived my rights to an atty cause i thought my family was going to give me the money but that fell thru and i was told that since i had waived my rights in the beginning i was no longer eligible for a public defender. Wrong!! Too late now. So the arresting officer felt sorry for me because he believed that I was in a bad situation and was realizing what kind of man my husband was. He said that he talked to the judge and if I plead guilty to the charge in court the judge would waive the $1000 fine and/or both 30 day jail. Since I was severly depressed at the time and didn't no it -i could barely take care of me let alone the kids because the mental abuse was so bad and the lower i got the more i was losing any control of my feelings. Hopefully something can be done. Take care.

VeronicaGia

Lorri24 said:
I'm sorry, but as much as cdv are terrible because i'm a victim of it for 13 years accept mine was terrible mental with 1 or 2/year physical out-breaks, i think that before you make a judgement call and make such a comment, maybe you should find out the whole story first. My husband has put marks on himself and then when police arrive, (i was the one calling for help mind you), he tells them that i did it . They believe him. I was arrested when i was the one who was shoved against the wall and hearing him tell our children that i was a loser and lazy and that i didn't love them. I place the call and what happens, i'm the one at fault? What do you feel about that scenario? Any suggestions would be wonderful. I feel that the system has let me down and left me no alternative but to stay with this man because i can't get a job because of this charge, and he doesn't give me any money. They were supposed to help me not hurt me.:mad: :mad: :(
You are confusing the post since you are not the original poster. Please keep your posts separate from other posters by starting a new thread or posting a reply to a thread you already have going.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">