• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

RESTRAINING ORDER vs FAMILY SERVICES

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mrpinners

What is the name of your state? ILLINOIS

ok im sure this will be a tough one so someone please give it a whirl.

i got a restraining order against my wife the other day on the grounds that she is a drug addict and has been abusive to me and the children on occasion. she has been involved with family services for months now and was ordered into drug treatment but refused and then fell asleep smoking and caught our furniture on fire so i asked her to leave the house and she did along with the children. the same children that family services told her she was not to be alone with and left me fully responsible for the children.

anyways when she got wind that i was getting the restraining order she phoned family services and told them that i was a drug addict as well and that i was very abusive and extremely violent. (all lies) and this is easily provable. there recomendation was to leave the children with her at her parents house not court ordered just "recommended" without any type of investigation what so ever. based only on lies from a drug addict and her nieve parents wich she was able to hide her 6 year addiction from simply by avoiding them at all costs.
my question is what is priority the restraining order of family services recomendation. she was also ordered to return the childrens ssi checks and the vehicle that she took that was not belonging to us.

thanks in advance

robert...

M

mrpinners

i dont have one thats why i am here. i spoke with everyone in our curcit clerks office and the police at the public saftey building and no one seems to hava an answer for me.

i thought a court order would over rule everything. but im probably just thinking in my own favor.

please help i need to remove my children from that situation.

thanks again
robert...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">