• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Affiliate Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rtt1969

What is the name of your state? California

I was thinking of making a website and getting a domain name and joining some affiliate programs where you put a link or banner on your website and they pay you commission for whatever the person buys that clicks into their website.

Do I need a business license to do this,

and do I need to pay all the taxes that are normally taken out of a paycheck, or do I just need to pay state and federal tax.

HomeGuru

rtt1969 said:
What is the name of your state? California

I was thinking of making a website and getting a domain name and joining some affiliate programs where you put a link or banner on your website and they pay you commission for whatever the person buys that clicks into their website.

Do I need a business license to do this,

and do I need to pay all the taxes that are normally taken out of a paycheck, or do I just need to pay state and federal tax.
**A: it depends.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">