• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Spouse permanently left country, divorce papers not finalized, his signature required

• Thread starter CuriousQuestion
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

CuriousQuestion

What is the name of your state? california

I filed for a divorce over a year ago. Now that we are near the end of it all, my spouse decides to move back to his country for good. The court papers requires that I get his signature and that it be notarized as well before this process is finalized. What am I to do? If anyone out there could offer legitimate advice, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

S

Sandman-XX

Not much help..

But I would guess, check on your state laws for abandonment, you can get a divorce in most states after a long time. And enjoy the tax situation he left you in! It would get you more money then if you were single. :)

A

azmother3

easy send them to him certified then you do it also then your good

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">