• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

last will

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

shood

What is the name of your state? I'm in CA. My grandma is in AZ and her brother died in TN (although, he lived in AZ previously and had drawn is will in Glendale, AZ). His widow had arranged to have his will transferred to TN after he died (she delayed his funeral by a day to have this done). My grandma (the sister of the deceased) heard the widow complain about how much he had left his siblings. She gave my grandma and other siblings token checks (around $1000 each), but they received nothing officially from the estate. The widow remarried. She died earlier this year. My grandma would like to know how we can find out what was in her brother's original will (he died in 1984) and if his surviving siblings will be entitled to anything.

lwpat

And you are wondering all of this after nineteen years?

You can contact the probate court in Tenn. and see if the estate was ever probated. You will need the information from the obituary notice. I doubt that there is anything after all this time unless there was some type of life estate or trust (unlikely).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">