• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

left out of the will

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jbmadn21

What is the name of your state? Fl.
My father is 85 and remarried 2 years ago to a lady 86 with the promise if he married her she would take care of him financially for as long as they may live. She was pretty well off financially while he was living off his VA pension and social security. He took her at her word took care of her through sickness and health taking to Drs. etc. while she handled the finances. She recently passed away and when the will was read he was totally left out of the will. The only thing that was said was he could live in the house as long as he was alive at which time the house would go to her daughter. What recourse does he have since nothing was left for him in the will? Does he have any grounds to contest the will? The daughter and son are trying to take eveything. Please respond as I am worried about my father is no youngster and even though gets around pretty good I don't know if he has a legnthy fight in him. Thanks jbmadn21[[email protected]

Last edited:

maril

I am no attorney but my mother went through this in reverse when my grandfather died. It was a drawn out process and the wife who survived him got a childs part of everything. The case was in OK but I think most courts look at it this way. The amount of years they were married may have some influence on the situation also. Nothing beats the advice of a good attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">