• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wife left home with all furniture and items that were of value.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jfoose

What is the name of your state? new jersey
march 24,2003 i lost my job, at which time my wife of 36 years made plans to leave me on august 23,2003 which was the date of our sons wedding. i knew wife was leaving but did not figure she would use our sons wedding day to leave. she told everyone that was the only day she knew i would not be home. she had 2 girlfriends come into home along with a moving van and take almost everything that was of value. i have receipts of everything that was taken. total value of items taken approximately 15,000. do i have rights to recover these items?
what i have left is a bed and dresser in bedroom, a tv and 2 couches in dent. my wife said when the house is sold she will deduct the cost from her half of the sale of home. again, can i go into family court and have these items returned to our home. wife now lives in apartment.

JETX

"do i have rights to recover these items?"
*** Yes. Exercise your rights in the divorce process. Make sure that she is held accountable in the division of assets.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">