• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

divorce in texas

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

HOGWILD

how long does it take to get a divorce in texas and how long do you have to be a resident of texas to file?

Jeter

You aren't a resident until you have lived in the state for 6 months at which time you can file as a resident of the state. How long it takes depends on a multitude of factors and cannot be specifically forecasted.

kdowd771

A long freaken time is how long it might take!!!
I filed in Jan 2002 and am STILL waiting to get it done. In Texas you can have a jury trial for a divorce. That is exactley what my psychotic STBX did. She dropped a jury fee down back in Sep of last year. I have been waiting for the case ot come up on the jury selection docket ever since then. Well the week before it was to be selected she pulls the request for trial by jury. NOW I have to wait for a trial by judge.
The fact that we have no kids and I have filed for Chpt 13 bankruptcy has not changed her toon at all. Hopefully the motion to compel and request for sanctions hearing I am to have on 16 Oct gets some movement in this circus of a divorce case!!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">