• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parking Fines/Towing...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

caffenefrk

I am in Albany County in New York.

My car was towed from a University parking lot due to fines from the University. I went to the placed it was towed and they told me I had to pay off the fines at the University before getting my car back, then pay them their towing fee.

From my standpoint, the car is mine, and this independent company has no right to deny me my request to pay their fine and take it back.

What does the law say about this?

Thanks!

JETX

"What does the law say about this?"
*** Pretty simple. You owe the fines, plus the towing fee, plus the daily impound fees until you pay them.

S

sdstrooper

The car may be yours, but you are using their parking lot, and by doing so, agree to all their rules and terms of use. As for the independent company, it depends on what agreement they have with the university concerning tows. So as JETX stated, "You owe the fines, plus the towing fee, plus the daily impound fees until you pay them".

HomeGuru

caffenefrk said:
I am in Albany County in New York.

My car was towed from a University parking lot due to fines from the University. I went to the placed it was towed and they told me I had to pay off the fines at the University before getting my car back, then pay them their towing fee.

From my standpoint, the car is mine, and this independent company has no right to deny me my request to pay their fine and take it back.

What does the law say about this?

Thanks!
**A: what kind of fines are you talking about?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">