• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NDAs / Directorships / Companies....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

NewbietoLaw

Sorry for the double post I really dont know which forum this should be asked in...

California.

Please help guys I'm in a real nightmare!

Basically a group of us started a company, there was a CEO assigned a role when he formed the company. An informal agreement was made to make the rest of us diectors, but nothing was signed. We did however sign an NDA.

One of the others left, and set up on his own - a company in the same area. He had bought, whilst with us, some domain names, and refused to give them back, as he claimed in the absence of a contract, they were his not ours, and now our company want to take him to court over them.

Thing is, he asked me to sign an NDA for him, which I did, because he just wanted someone to talk to about what he was doing, and as we'd been close friends I saw no problem.

I never revealed any information about my own company (past or present) to him, and the info flow was from him to me completely.

I need to know if I've done anything wrong / if I can get out of this NDA which is less than 2 weeks old

Please help if you can!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">