• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

father's estate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

irishwhisper

What is the name of your state? nc
found out widow has the administration summary? can anyone explain it to me please? She is showing as sole hier ?
I know they had a son and what about me? I am from father's first marriage. Can this be contested if it was already done?
Need a great lawyer in Nc that deals with this sort of mess.
I have not come forward as yet to the family. He died in march
how long do I have to file a contest?

Dandy Don

Something is very wrong if she is showing as sole heir--she probably lied about this. You need to be getting your own probate attorney as soon as possible (from the yellow pages or call your local state bar association for a referral), since it is most unlikely that a North Carolina attorney would be reading this message board.

Summary administration means that this estate is close to being distributed. There is usually a time limit of a few months to contest, so you need to get on this as soon as possible.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">