• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help me this is so unfair!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bebe88

I am in South Carolina. last week my ex-boyfriend showed up at my apartment. slapped me in the head, threw me out the door and kicked me in the back. I went to the hospital because of the back pain. the police was called after i told the dr.s what happened. They gave me a report and the next day I went to the courthouse and got a warrant. the judge didn't want to give me a warrant because there was no visible signs that i had been abused. (just a small bruise on my back) the ex- had called me that morning and left a message on my voicemail saying how sorry he is. I played this for the judge and he signed the warrant. A mutual friend of ours told me when he was arrested. it was the day after the warrant was issued i think. It has been 12 days. I called the courthouse to see how long it might be until a hearing is scheduled. they told me the charges had been thrown out! can they do this or is there some sort of confusion???? i thought i had to be in court. this is not fair.

bubbly602

warrant?

why would you go for a warrant? Go to your local center for domestic violence (I think it's called TESSA now). They'll help you get a restraining order against him. Then if he tries this again, they won't be able to throw out the charges because he'll be in violation of a court order to stay away from you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">