• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Looking For Adoptee to Test for Paternity

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

csoak

What is the name of your state? Indiana

I am writing to inquire if there is any available means where I can contact a child who was taken from the birth mother in 1984 and put for adoption.

No one investigated at the time to see if I was the child's father. I have been bothered by the possibility that I may have a son that I will never know and would like to establish whether or not I am this boy's father.

I was married to the mother for a brief time and was there at the time of his birth in December 1983 but my name was not listed on the birth certificate as his father due to my ex-wife's concern that I would be forced to pay the medical fees rather than the state health insurance program--medicaid.

I've never been certain of the paternity and after our divorce I lost touch with the birth mother.

I do have the case number of the public notice for adoption for this child but no other information.

Thanks for your response.

nextwife

There are voluntary registries of adoptees seeking birthparents and vice-versa. You certainly can list yourself with any of those registries. I looked up the Summary of Adoption Laws
http://www.adoptionsolutions.com/general/state laws/in_law.htm
for Indiana, and did not see that they had a state sponsored registry, but you might wish to check further.

The adoption is sealed and the adoptee's parents cannot be revealed to you. AS the child is now of age, they can pursue the contact, if they wish.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">