• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Doctor/Patient affair

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

ren225

What is the name of your state?
Pa

Can anyone tell me if there is any laws in my state against doctor/patient sexual relations. The doctor is currently and has been treating the patient for depression and migraines and has been prescribing medication to the patient that impare the patients ability to think rationally (I.E. Pain relievers(Oxycotone)) and the patient and Doctor have been committing adultry, problem is the patient is my sister and she is leaving her husband for this "Doctor". Any help or insite would be greatly appreciated

Jeter

There's nothing that you can do to the doctor, if that is what you're asking. He may very well be taking advantage of your sister being that she is vulnerable from being clinically depressed. Nonetheless, your sister is an adult and she would have to press charges if she felt the doctor was acting inappropriately. A sexual crime such as rape for instance( for the purpose of illustration) is one in which the victim doesn't willingly participate. That isn't the case here. It may seem that he is taking advantage by using sedatives, however I don't think your sister is in a state of sedation 24/7, so apparently she likes what is happening beyond the scope of her appointments. Adultery is wrong and I'm not condoning it, but it's her life.

Last edited:

stephenk

contact your state's medical board regarding ethics of a doctor having an affair with a current patient. he may get his license suspended.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">