• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lawyer says "set the divorce aside"....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

SouthernGal

What is the name of your state? Pa.

My divorce was finaled in August of this year in Tennessee... My ex husband is not following the marital dissoultion agreement, I talked to a lawyer about filing contempt charges, he said that is one way to go about it, but it could turn out that it would be thrown out if the ex states he cant afford to make the payments (it's for marital debt)... Lawyer says he thinks if we filed to have divorce put aside along with property agreement, and go about things this way would be better.... He said to have the marital debt payment changed to alimony, to change some things in the bankruptcy provision, and other things.... sooooo, what exactly does it mean to have a divorce set aside? He explained it to me some, but I'm still a little confused as to what actually can or would happen if it went that way. :confused: Can anybody help me out with this one?

Thanks in advance!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">