• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

divorce judgement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lizfriz35

What is the name of your state? Michigan
Help!!
My divorce decree says that the plantiff be awarded $67000.00 as his total equity. plantiff is to have a lien on the building for his total equity amount. I did not have the cash so I filed chapter 13. i also for a year before tried to appeal this in the appeallate court. the judge denighned my appeal, but did not award attorney fees, for my ex to collect. i just found out that my ex is charging interest from the time the div0rce judgent was final till the time i filed bankruptcy. how is he getting interest when it was never stated. My bankrupty attorney said that was normal.

lizfriz35

Please can someone let me know if a divorce judgement always collects interest till its paid off? even if it doesn't request interest?:confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">