• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

the laws

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

evilfirefly

What is the name of your state? florida

does the executor have to tell you that there will be a fee for them? does it have to be in writting? the executor gave us a copy on how the money was disputed on bills can we ask to her to show the reciepts or proofs. thank you:)

maril

Is the estate in probate? I think the executor has to justify all expenditures. I am not an attorney and not from FL but I am an executrix of an estate in probate and I have to follow the letter of the law and make sure all items are acounted for, pay all bills of my freind that died including taxes and deliver it to the court.

lwpat

"does the executor have to tell you that there will be a fee for them?"

No, this is set by state law.

" the executor gave us a copy on how the money was disputed on bills can we ask to her to show the reciepts or proofs."

Certainly. Ask that you be allowed to view the file. If the executor refuses then you can petition the probate court for a hearing. You should be provided with an accounting which you can dispute in accordance with the law in Florida.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">