• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Adult Adoption

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Marina-r

What is the name of your state? illinois

I want to be adopted by my stepfather of 10 years, I am 20 years old and I have lived with him and my mom for over two consecutive years. I have the consent of an adult form from the circuit court of cook county and I was wondering if there are any other forms that I need when I go to file at court.

C

craftymom

Admittedly, this is not Illinois specific, as I've never researched laws in that state. The states I *have* researched all say the permission of the bio-parent is still required.

M

Marina-r

no bio parent permission needed

Yea, I researched it and the biological parent doesn't have to give permission, and I was just confused about what additional forms to use since I assume that the adopting parent would have to sign something.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">