• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what happens to a person who has had an affair

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

alexkirk2422

well

i was just wanting to know cause i caught my husband in one and want to know what are my rights in a divorce

ty

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: well

alexkirk2422 said:
i was just wanting to know cause i caught my husband in one and want to know what are my rights in a divorce

ty

===================================

My response:

Well, thanks for letting me in on the secret of why you wrote to this forum.

IAAL

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Pretty much nothing. You get divorced. You split the "stuff". You sort out custody/visitation/support. That's it.

nextwife

It's really no different than if you divorce the guy because you're tired of him leaving the cap off the toothpaste, or you can't stand his cowboy music anymore.

Unless you have some kinda prenup with a "cheating clause" in it.

Or you're living in Nigeria under Sharia Law, you might be able to get REALLY nasty- if you can get several male witnesses to back you up. Like stoning him. Unfortunately, here in the US, you can merely divorce him.

HomeGuru

nextwife said:
It's really no different than if you divorce the guy because you're tired of him leaving the cap off the toothpaste, or you can't stand his cowboy music anymore.

Unless you have some kinda prenup with a "cheating clause" in it.

Or you're living in Nigeria under Sharia Law, you might be able to get REALLY nasty- if you can get several male witnesses to back you up. Like stoning him. Unfortunately, here in the US, you can merely divorce him.
**A: what about leaving the toilet seat up?

nextwife

That's internationally recognized as an automatic sentence of stoning. There was a UN resolution backing up such action. All the woman in the UN voted unanimously in favor.

HomeGuru

Does the stoning law apply in all cases even in instances where the alleged location is in an outhouse or trailer park?

nextwife

Sorry. I failed to give an explicit answer.

NO! The stoning sentence ONLY applies to Kohler, American Standard. Mansfield, and certain HIGH end toilet seats. Outhouse use was exempted, especially in cases in which there is an absence of seats. Additionally, the absence of any structure whatsoever precludes the allowance of such a sentence (no seat = no seat down).

THe treatment is especially harsh if the male perpetrator's MIL is the one who fell in.

H

hexeliebe

"I'm gonna flush that woman right out of my outhouse..

I'm gonna flush that woman right outta my life."

:D:D:D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">