• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DeadEnds

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dyinginside

Missery

if anyone can help me with this thanx in advance.
usually it seems i have all the answers but, when itcomes to my own question i can come to no help of my own.i wont get all detailed. ill keep it simple.

my question or problem whatever you want to call it is this:

ok when i was very young like from the time i was almost 5 til the time i was 8 i lived in one city where i was sexually...andevery other kind of abuse was done to me by my moms bf...later her husband.anyway about the time iwas 8 we moved to a diff city and things still continued on til about the time i was 10...well the sexual stopped then but the physical(beating the living §hit outta me) and mental continued still for about another year. anyway about 18 months ago i decided i couldnt take it anymore..(my mother knew and did nothing to help) and i went and talked to a sex crimes detective who found that some kind of report had been made when in 1992...and that he wasnt charged because my mom well....didnt want anything coming of it...she thought she was divorcing him and that was enough(bitach) ehem, anyway the detective said that because of that report being made to dfs i guess she saidit was...that it had been 10 years since that and there was nothing i could do otherthan sue him. not good enough for me. anyway this was in the city i moved to. i wanted to know if it is possible for me to do something in thecity i originally lived in where it all started....there have never been any reports there. i was just thinking that if you do a crime like that in two different cities cant you get into trouble in both....this is my last idea...and im hoping it is possible to do something inmy old place of living....anybody have any ideas...Please...

*Kristen*

i guess i should also clarify i am now soon to be 23....dunno if that helps....

Last edited:

3kidsmom

Dying...

I have BTDT.

Sometimes the best revenge is to live a happy, successful life.

As a child I DID go through the court issues of being sexually abused by my SF. It is NOT FUN, even as a 13 y/o I was portrayed as some harlot (although the abuse started when I was 4).

If I may be so bold as to suggest counseling. Get a diary, what ever you need to do to vent, do it!

I choose, however, to not consider myself "broken" and in need of revenge, being vindictive is not the way to be healthy (spiritually, emotionally, or physically) Accept your past as a stepping stone, as a part of your life, and overcome. Do not dwell on it , it will eventually destroy you.

Oh, and look for a support group, or website for abuse victims!

I wish you the best.

D

dyinginside

thanks so much for your reply. as of right now im not ready to give up...im still sure there is something...i dunno what but, something i can do. i will keep your advice in mind though thanks again

D

dyinginside

anyone else? any input....good, bad....anything...would be appreciated. Thanks

D

dyinginside

somewhat of an update

Im SOOOOOO glad i listened to my heart...mind...everything i KNEW was right...i have finally gotten ahold of a det. sgt. who is helping me right now and told me that as of 1987 they passed a law that on sexual/child abuse there is NOOOO statue of limitations in my state of missouri

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">