• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Amassage

Connecticut

My boyfriend has been divorced 2 yrs. He asked for the divorce. He has 50/50 custody of the children he said. Although the children live with him. She sees them from approximately 3-9 everyday and maybe a weekend a month. Many times she dosen't get them. Today she called and said she is taking him to court for child support. Can she do this? It dosen't seem fair. She can afford to go to school part time but now wants his money when he is the one that pays for everything. Mind you I am the first woman since the divorce that has been introduced to the children and she just found out about me. My question is how does child support work? They are with him 75% of the time. She likess to drink and I am hoping this was just drunken performance. I am in for big trouble myself?

HomeGuru

Amassage said:
Connecticut

My boyfriend has been divorced 2 yrs. He asked for the divorce. He has 50/50 custody of the children he said. Although the children live with him. She sees them from approximately 3-9 everyday and maybe a weekend a month. Many times she dosen't get them. Today she called and said she is taking him to court for child support. Can she do this? It dosen't seem fair. She can afford to go to school part time but now wants his money when he is the one that pays for everything. Mind you I am the first woman since the divorce that has been introduced to the children and she just found out about me. My question is how does child support work? They are with him 75% of the time. She likess to drink and I am hoping this was just drunken performance. I am in for big trouble myself?
**A: what do you mean, "how can she do this?"

A

Amassage

confused

It didn't sound true but who knows I am all new to this. I know she just trying to hurt him. After a divorce and a custody battle this is impossibel correct???

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Re: confused

Amassage said:
It didn't sound true but who knows I am all new to this. I know she just trying to hurt him. After a divorce and a custody battle this is impossibel correct???
Uuuh, no. She can file for whatever she wants. What the judge decides is anyone's guess depending on all the facts of the case.

S

spy_kittie

I'm thinking the judge is going to think the woman is nuts. Sounds like the custody share is more like 70/30. If they primarily live with him and he is the one paying for everything he should end up getting the case dismissed, or if she makes better money than he does, he can file a countersuit for full custody and child support from her.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">