• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kevin wayne

What is the name of your state? IL
MY WIFE HAS MOVED OUT AND COMES HOME WHEN I GO TO WORK TO CARE FOR OUR THREE CHILDREN. MY WIFE IS SEEKING THE DIVORCE. I HAVE STATED TO HER SHE WILL HAVE TO PAY FOR FILING AND THE LAWYER. WHAT ELSE SHOULD I DO AT THIS POINT.
THANKS
KEVIN

R

red76706

What to do?

If there is no sight of reconciling, you should look after your rights. Since you have children, that should be a big concern. You need to know if she is filing for full custody or not. Child support will be an issue for both of you. Also, you don't want to allow this to linger forever. Divorce completions take long enough w/o one party dropping the ball. I know this may be painful for you but do consider getting an attorney to look out for your interests as well as your children. If nothing else, get a free consultation or research on this website for answers.

K

kevin wayne

THANK YOU FOR THE REPLY.
I CAN NOT AFFORD A LAWYER AT THIS TIME. I AM SPENDING ALL THE MONEY I MAKE TO PAY THE MORTGAGE AND UTILITIES. MY WIFE HAS TAKEN RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE SECOND MORTGAGE,THE NEW CAR PAYMENT, THE CHILDREN PRIVATE SCHOOL TUTION AND EXTRA ACTIVITIES. MY WIFE HAS MOVED OUT AND HAS NOT TOLD ME OR THE CHILDREN WHERE SHE IS STAYING.

R

red76706

What to do?--II

I understand. All morning I have been trying to find resources to even file for a divorce. It is very expensive especially when it is not something you want. If you are content with the situation as it is, there's not much to do but wait. I assume talking and trying to work things out have been exhausted. I'm sorry for not being much help.

S

spy_kittie

There are ways of getting inexpensive or free legal council (pro bono). Try this site http://www.illinoisprobono.org/ for more information. You might qualify for the service. This will cut down on your costs, plus there is a form you can file that will waive your filing fees and the court will deem her responsible for the costs.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">