• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

aggravated assault

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

i_am_stacey

What is the name of your state? Louisiana

Actually, I live in Mississippi but my ex lives in Louisiana (where the crime occurred and therefore court will take place). I have custody of our 12 yr old child. After a weekend visitation, I observed marks on my child and inspected further. We went to the hospital, called in our state's department of human services, went to the father's state to press charges (which involved his state's dept. of human services). It was evident (through my child's statement and photos taken in both states) that my chld had been beaten; so, the sherriff arrested and charged the father with Aggravated Assault (since there was a weapon involved). Right now, the father can't attempt contact. But, I have been told that he is likely to recieve only Anger Management Classes (they said about 6-8 weeks worth)! Does anyone know if this is all the punishment/rehab required from this type of felony?

HomeGuru

i_am_stacey said:
What is the name of your state? Louisiana

Actually, I live in Mississippi but my ex lives in Louisiana (where the crime occurred and therefore court will take place). I have custody of our 12 yr old child. After a weekend visitation, I observed marks on my child and inspected further. We went to the hospital, called in our state's department of human services, went to the father's state to press charges (which involved his state's dept. of human services). It was evident (through my child's statement and photos taken in both states) that my chld had been beaten; so, the sherriff arrested and charged the father with Aggravated Assault (since there was a weapon involved). Right now, the father can't attempt contact. But, I have been told that he is likely to recieve only Anger Management Classes (they said about 6-8 weeks worth)! Does anyone know if this is all the punishment/rehab required from this type of felony?
**A: something does not make sense here. Find out the exact punishment.

I

i_am_stacey

I was prob unclear....maybe still am

That's actually what I was asking. Does anyone know the punishment for Aggravated Assault charges? I am double checking a source that said it would likely be an Anger Management Course.

P

pamela vandi

national network

RAINN stands for "rape, abuse, incest national network." The web site address is www.rainn.org. They have a toll-free number. If you call the toll-free number, they will connect you to an information hotline in your area. Please post on this "thread" your opinion of the service/info you receive thru RAINN if you call them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">