• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Quit Claim Deed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sbunker1

What is the name of your state? Florida is the State.

My question is what happens if in the divorce settlement the court orders someone to sign a quit claim deed to the house and it is in plain english that they have to do it, but they get sick and die before it is done. Now going through refinancing and having title problems..the sihould be easy since the court ordered it I would think.

Im confussed

S

sbunker1

I dont know how it is held or buy whom. How would I find out. Thanks for the web site. It was informative.

C

CCPENNOCK

It should be in your recorded grant deed from the seller and/or in your title insurance policy. CCP

S

sbunker1

I looked over the title insurance and all that paperwork and Im not sure the wording Im looking for. Dont do this every day. People keep saying it may be a probate issue, but I think the fact that the court order was ignored and the quit claim deed was not signed might be more important.

nextwife

It will be shown as "insured" in your Schedule A Owners Policy. However, if there is a final decree ordering the property to you, the title company insuring a conveyance out would also look at that.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">