• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Borrowed money

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jenna154

I reside in New Jersye, and I was wondering if I would be able to sue my boyfriend for an unpaid loan of $201.00. The money was used for the purpose of bailing him out of jail Monday morning.

Thank you....

JETX

"I was wondering if I would be able to sue my boyfriend for an unpaid loan of $201.00."
*** Of course you can sue him. After all, anyone can sue almost anyone else over almost anything. The question then becomes, how will you be able to 'prove' to the court that this money was a loan, especially considering that he is likely to claim it was a gift??

dequeendistress

Do you mean Monday the 13th?

The money was used for the purpose of bailing him out of jail Monday morning.
Hopefully he will pay you the money soon or did he tell you he had no intentions of paying? I would document he had told you he was not paying you back if this is the case. Maybe you should request him to pay you back in writing and send it RRR. This may help prove you did not consider the BAIL money to be a gift.

Of course if he is still your boyfriend, chances are he won't be if you sue him for the money. Maybe that would be the best reason to do it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">